- Employment Opportunities
Wear Our Badge
If you are interested in a career in law enforcement, then the Covington Police Department may be the department for you. The Covington Police Department was the first agency in the State of Georgia to become Internationally Accredited and the first recipient in Georgia to win the Webber Seavey Award for Excellence.
We take great pride in hiring the best applicants to become officers with our department. We offer excellent benefits such as:
- educational incentive pay
- group health and life insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- paid vacation
- paid sick leave
- career development program
- deferred compensation plan
- defined contribution plan
- uniforms and equipment provided
- college tuition and books benefits
- various assignment opportunities: Patrol, Investigations, DEA Task-force, Support Services, etc...
Applicants must have at least a high school education or GED, be 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license. Applicants must undergo an extensive background investigation, medical exam and drug screening.
You may apply at the City of Covington Personnel Department or by downloading the application.
APPLICATIONS STAY ON FILE FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR ONCE THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS BEGINS
If you have any questions – please feel free to contact Assistant Chief Almond Turner at 770-385-2143.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER